TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions apply to all bookings for lodges, hotel rooms and cottages that you make with Highbullen Hotel (also known as The Mole Resort), unless clearly stated otherwise.
SECTION A: ALL BOOKINGS
1. Who your agreement is with. When you book your stay your agreement will be with Highbullen Hotel Ltd, referred to in this document as The Mole Resort. (“Highbullen Hotel”, “The Mole Resort”, “we”, “us”, “our”). Please read these terms carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations. In these terms, references to “you” and “your” include the first named person on the booking and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made or any other person to whom a booking is added or transferred.
Our obligations to you will vary depending on the type of booking you make with us. You can make a booking for accommodation only or you can make a booking for accommodation, plus certain additions (a Package booking). Where you make a Package booking, additional terms may apply to your booking.
Section A contains the terms which apply to all bookings you make with us for lodges, hotel rooms and cottages (both accommodation only and Package bookings) and Section B contains the additional terms which apply only when you make a Package booking with us, as well as a full explanation about which bookings are treated as Packages.
Making Your Booking:
2. The agreement. There will be a contract between you and Highbullen Hotel when we send you a booking confirmation. These terms are part of your contract with us. The person making the booking accepts the contract on behalf of all members of your party and is responsible for making sure they accept the contract; and accepts financial responsibility for payment of the booking on behalf of all members of the party. We can’t accept bookings from anyone under the age of 18.
3. When booking your accommodation, you may be asked to pay a deposit as per the terms of your chosen policy. The details of your chosen policy will be clearly shown during the booking process and on your confirmation email. If you do not pay the stated deposit, your booking will be cancelled.
The balance of your stay must be paid 8 weeks before the start of your stay otherwise stated. Details of the balance payable will be in the booking confirmation. If you do not pay the balance for your stay then may treat your stay as cancelled. Any cancellation will forfeit the deposit, with no monies due to the customer.
4. We are a cashless resort. We no longer accepts cash as a form of payment. All major credit & debit cards are accepted as methods of payment and deposit. When checking in for your stay, we will require the card used for payment to be present along with photo identification. The cardholder must be present. If the card originally used to book will not be available at the time of check-in, a new card must be provided for payment, and the original card used will be refunded. Other reservations must be paid for at the time of check-in. We cannot offer refunds for early departures.
5. Special offers. To claim any special offers, discounts and promotional codes please tell us when you book prior to making a payment. If you don’t, we’re sorry we can’t honour these. All discounts, special offers and promotional codes are subject to availability.
6. Who’s in your party. When you book you need to give the names of everyone in your party. Only those people on your booking can occupy your chosen accommodation and anyone not named on your booking will be asked to leave the resort. In these circumstances no refund or compensation will be given. You must bring photographic ID with you as you may be asked for this on arrival or during your stay.
7. VISOR. We do not accept bookings from or allow anyone to stay on resort who is or has been listed on the Violent and Sex Offenders Register (or any register which supersedes this), or anyone who is subject to a Sexual Risk Order, Child Abduction Notice or any similar order, court proceedings or register. By making a booking, you are confirming that no one in your party is or has been on any such register, subject to any such order or otherwise the subject of any such court proceedings. If we do cancel your booking under this clause you will be subject to the cancellation terms set out in clause 38.
The price of your stay and what it includes:
8. Prices. All prices are subject to change so could increase or decrease. The most up to date prices for accommodation are on our website. The price confirmed when you book is the final price and will not change unless you alter your booking. Prices are inclusive of VAT.
Where stated your booking may have additional elements such as breakfast, dinner, food packs. If these are not stated within your rate or confirmation, they are not included.
9. Pets. Pets are welcome at our resort for a charge of £20 per night per pet, excluding registered assistance dogs. If you do wish to bring a registered assistance dog, supporting documentation to evidence that the dog is a registered assistance dog must be available for inspection prior to and during your holiday. A maximum of two dogs are permitted per booking, depending on the type of accommodation you book. Please ensure you add the pet to your booking to secure pet friendly accommodation. You may be charged an additional cleaning fee if a pet is taken into non pet accommodation. Some breeds of dog, including those listed in the Dangerous Dog Act are not allowed.
To add – We are unable to guarantee that a pet has ever been in your accommodation.
To add – link to dog code of conduct
10. Cots and highchairs. These are available, but not guaranteed, free of charge by request. You will need to bring your own cot linen and cot mattress.
Before You Book:
11. Guests with additional needs and requirements. If you or one of your party have any additional needs or requirements, including allergens, please contact us directly to make your booking and ensure that the accommodation and location are suitable for you and your guests. We will try to accommodate any special requirements, that we have been advised of, but can’t guarantee this.
12. Groups. We have the right to refuse any groups and/ or take a preauthorised security deposit from a payment card. We ask all guests to follow our rules around behaviour on resort. Family and friends who live at the same address or know each other or who travel together will be considered as making a group booking even if they have made separate bookings. Group bookings (whether made by 1 person or a number of people) for 6 or more accommodations must be made through our dedicated resort team. If this is not done we hold the right to cancel any bookings which are part of a group booking and no refund would be due. We’ll only accept group bookings if you tell us about them and give us the names and addresses of everyone in your group before you book. The lead booker for a group is responsible for the conduct of the other members of the group and for ensuring they comply with these terms and conditions.
13. Numbers in your party. The total number in your party (including children and babies) must not exceed the maximum capacity of the accommodation. The maximum capacity can be found on our official website www.themoleresort.co.uk
14. Check-in times. Your accommodation will be available from 4pm on your arrival day. If your accommodation is not occupied by 10am on the day after your arrival date and you haven’t told us you will be arriving late, we will treat your booking as cancelled and may re-let the accommodation.
15. Feedback. We want you to enjoy your stay, however, if you have an issue or concern, please notify us as soon as possible so that we can resolve it with/ for you.
16. Children. All children must be supervised by parents or another responsible adult throughout your stay. We do not offer childcare facilities and children remain the responsibility of their parents or guardians at all times, and must be supervised accordingly. Please make sure you always know where your children are.
17. No smoking. Smoking is not permitted inside any accommodation or public areas, this includes but is not limited to, the hub and swimming pool. This includes the use of E-cigarettes/ vapes. If you do smoke in your accommodation you will be required to pay an additional fee of £80 for deep cleaning.
18. Use of your accommodation. We have the right to enter your accommodation for maintenance purposes or in special circumstances and in emergencies.
19. Your personal possessions. You are responsible for any personal possessions you bring to resort and we aren’t responsible for any loss or damage to these. If you leave personal possessions behind at the end of your stay we’ll try to return them but are not responsible for them.
20. Activities. For health and safety reasons some of our facilities and activities have age and/or height restrictions. We may have to close facilities (e.g. for health and safety reasons, maintenance or reasons beyond our control). You will be offered credit towards other activities that have been pre paid if we are unable to hold the planned activity.
21. Wifi. The Resort provides free WiFi service to guests. However, the Resort cannot guarantee the speed or coverage of the WiFi service. Guests are responsible for their own devices and internet usage. Guests are expected to use the WiFi service respectfully. This includes refraining from using the WiFi service to access inappropriate content, such as illegal or pornographic content. Guests are also prohibited from using the WiFi service to engage in any activity that could disrupt or interfere with the WiFi service for other guests.
The lead booker is responsible for the actions of all guests staying in their accommodation, including their use of the WiFi service. Guests are responsible for ensuring that all guests using the WiFi service are aware of and comply with the terms of this contractual term.
The Resort reserves the right to suspend or terminate a guest's access to the WiFi service if the guest violates any of the terms of this contractual term. The Resort may also take other disciplinary action against a guest who violates any of the terms of this contractual term.
By using the WiFi service, guests agree to waive any and all claims against the Resort arising from or in connection with the guest's use of the WiFi service.
22. Hot tub. The hot tub rules can be found in your welcome pack, do not use the hot tub until you have familiarised yourself with the rules and safety notice. Rules include but are not limited to, do not use the hot tub alone, no jumping, no diving and no glassware. If you do not have a welcome pack, please request one from The Hub.
23. Location. Our resort is in a rural location so there are areas of unfenced natural lakes, uneven ground, unmade paths and limited lighting. Please take special care to avoid accidents.
24. Your car and other vehicles. You should comply with speed limits, parking and traffic regulations on park. Vehicles are brought into the resort at your risk and we are not responsible for loss or damage to these except where it is caused by our negligence or fault. Electric car charging is available at an additional cost, this is available on a first come, first served basis.
25. Behaviour. Our resort is family friendly so please ensure your behaviour is not noisy, offensive or likely to cause any harm or upset to other guests, staff, wildlife or property at resort, and is not otherwise inappropriate. If we feel your behaviour is illegal, offensive, disruptive or inappropriate or is disturbing other guests we will ask you to leave the resort and no refund will be given.
26. Filming and photography. We sometimes have TV and other companies filming or taking photographs on park. We will do all we can to ensure you are not disturbed by this and we ask that you do not disturb other guests when taking your own photography and videos. We can’t accept any responsibility or offer any financial award if you do appear in films or photographs. No photography is allowed in swimming pool areas without prior consent from management.
27. Departure time. Please ensure all members of your party and all of your belongings are removed from the accommodation, with cards returned to The Hub, by 10am on your departure date.
28. Damage. At check in, you will be asked for a payment card which will be pre authorised. At the end of your stay, if we find that any damage has been caused by you or your guests you will be required to pay for said damage and may not be welcome to return to our resort.
29. Recycling. We encourage all guests to recycle their waste during their stay. Recycling bins are conveniently located throughout the resort and are clearly marked with what materials can be recycled. Please use the resort map to locate the nearest recycling bin to your accommodation.
By recycling your waste, you can help to reduce our environmental impact and make a positive contribution to the sustainability of our resort.
30. Safe use of equipment.
To ensure the safety of our guests and staff, we kindly request that all guests follow these guidelines when using equipment on our premises:
Please read the manual before using any equipment. Each piece of equipment has its own unique operating instructions. Familiarize yourself with these instructions before using the equipment to avoid accidents.
Use equipment only for its intended purpose. Do not use equipment for anything other than what it is designed for. Using equipment for an unintended purpose could damage the equipment or cause injury.
Inspect equipment before each use. Check for any signs of damage or wear and tear. If you notice any damage, do not use the equipment and report it to a staff member.
Follow all safety instructions. Pay attention to all warning signs and labels. If you are unsure about anything, ask a staff member for help.
Report any accidents or injuries immediately. If you or someone you are with is injured while using equipment, please report it to a staff member immediately.
31. Lone traveller. We never disclose a guest’s room or Lodge number when checking in, the information is provided to the guest discreetly.
If you need to make a change or cancel your booking
32. Alterations to your booking. Once there is a contract, if you need to make changes to your confirmed booking, you must contact us as soon as possible. Whilst we will do our best to assist, we cannot always guarantee that we will be able to meet your requested change. Depending on the policy you booked under, you may not be able to make changes or changes may be subject to a £40 administrative fee per change.
33. Cancelling your booking. If you decide to cancel your confirmed booking, please contact us as soon as possible by calling us on 01769 540561 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The date that you contact us is the date of the cancellation.
Should one or more members of your party cancel, it may increase the per person price of those remaining on the booking and you will be liable to pay this increase. The cost of your accommodation will not change.
Because we incur costs in cancelling your booking, there is likely to be a cancellation fee associated to this. You can find more details on this in your confirmation email under the details of your policy.
34. Cancellation by us. Very occasionally, we may have to cancel your booking. If we have to do so we will tell you as soon as possible and you can choose either to have a full refund, or accept any alternative arrangements offered to you (we’ll give you a refund of the price difference if the alternative is less expensive than the one you booked). We will have no further liability to you for this.
35. Website accuracy. We have taken all care to make sure our website is accurate and up to date. However, we can’t accept responsibility for any errors or the results of these. Photographs of accommodation are examples only and certain aspects, such as views and soft furnishings, may vary.
36. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you.
We will not be responsible or pay you compensation for any loss or damage suffered by you if it results from:
the acts and/or omissions of the person affected; or
the acts and/or omissions of a third party unconnected with the provision of the services we’ve agreed to provide to you; or
Events beyond our control
We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
37. Events beyond our control. Except where otherwise expressly stated in these terms, we are not responsible for events beyond our control. This means any event beyond our, or our suppliers’ control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Examples include war and acts of terrorism (and threat of these), civil war, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely to the travel destination or remain at the travel destination, the act of any government or other national or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute and labour strikes, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster, unavoidable technical problems with transport and all similar events outside our or our supplier’s control.
38. Keeping safe the information you have given us. The information you give us in connection with your booking is held by Highbullen Hotel (as a data controller) in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (as applicable). We use this information to help us to provide and improve our service to you and to provide you with information about our accommodation. We may disclose this information to companies in the London and Regional Group and to our agents, contractors, insurers and insurance brokers and their advisers, and to others if we are legally required to do so, or where we believe it is necessary to protect our or another person’s rights, property or safety.
39. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the contract in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the contract in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the contract in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
40. The Mole Resort may change these terms from time to time. If we do so then we will update the new terms on our website, any previous terms along with the validity period can be requested via contacting email@example.com.
41. How to contact us. firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com, 01769 540561 .
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Entrants for the competition must be 18 years and over.
The winner will be chosen at random.
Once selected by The Mole Resort, the winner will be notified and will have 72 hours to claim the prize. Failure to reply to notification within this time period renders the competition void and a replacement winner will be selected and contacted.
Winner will be contacted via email / phone.
Prize for the one winner is: 1x Four-night break in a two-bedroom lodge (up to four people) to the value of £1,000 including 2x breakfast packs, 1x complimentary dinner reservation for four people (starters, mains, desserts and soft drinks) and a free activity booking for four people.
The prize won (four-night break) must be booked via The Mole Resort by 1st December 2023 with dates subject to availability at the time.
There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable, and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions
The name, email address and a contact number of the winner will be requested for prize fulfilment and may be passed to a third-party provider for prize arrangement.
The competition winner may be invited and agree to take part in post-competition publicity as may be requested by the promoter.
By accepting the prize, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the competition winner consents that the promoter may use his/her name, photograph, likeness (including his/her voice), hometown and biographical information and statements concerning the competition or the promoter and/or its products without further compensation or notice for the purpose of advertising, promotion, and merchandising, throughout the world in perpetuity, and the competition winner grants all rights to edit or modify and to publish and copyright such details.
The decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.